domingo, 8 de octubre de 2023

My future Job

 

When I finish my degree, I would like to work for a while in sound reinforcement, at big shows, because I have not had the chance to attend so many music events, and the times I have gone, I have been impressed with the huge setup that goes into staging and, more importantly, sound. On the other hand, I would take the opportunity to meet musicians and cool people.

I would also like to work as a music producer for rock, pop, or fusion bands. I would need to improve a lot as an arranger or in more technical aspects such as mastering and mixing. Learning skills like working as part of a team with musicians in a creative environment, being able to blend all those ideas into a song that the band and the target audience would enjoy.

Later on, I would like to study a master's or a doctorate to research some sound-related field that requires technology and hopefully contribute new knowledge and implement improvements to what already exists. It seems to me that there is still a lack of research regarding sound and the regulation or control of noise (high sound pressure level) in places like nightclubs, which can be harmful to people's hearing health, whether they attend or live nearby. I also want to work on some personal project. When I'm older, I would like to get back into teaching to contribute my knowledge to a school or university.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

What I would change about my university and my carreer

My university life has been quite lengthy as I have attended two different institutions, UMCE for 3 years and now the Faculty of Arts at the...