jueves, 9 de noviembre de 2023

What I would change about my university and my carreer

My university life has been quite lengthy as I have attended two different institutions, UMCE for 3 years and now the Faculty of Arts at the Universidad de Chile. The first noticeable difference is the lack of vegetation in the current university. The building has two recreational areas, the terrace and the passage, but neither has any trees or real grass. This is one of the changes I would make at a general level. However, there's one thing I wouldn't change for anything in the world – the break weeks. I believe it's a crucial benefit for mental health, both for students and professors.

Speaking of the professors I've had, some have been at the university for a long time, and you can see the fatigue due to the workload, especially for those in organizational roles within the program. It would be beneficial if they could focus entirely on good organization to avoid being shaky in the classes they teach. Alternatively, increasing their salary could serve as an incentive.

On another note, I would make a specific change in my program, which combines mathematics and music. Sometimes, I find it challenging to switch between the two and integrate them. However, I recognize that it's necessary to have the ability to address technical challenges and speak at least a bit of the musical language to understand musicians.





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

What I would change about my university and my carreer

My university life has been quite lengthy as I have attended two different institutions, UMCE for 3 years and now the Faculty of Arts at the...